Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sri Lankan Airport in Colombo


Hotel we stayed at in Sri Lanka
My body hates me right now. I haven’t slept since we flew in last night, and the sleep that I have gotten was broken up and over two major flights. My stomach also does not feel ideal- I don’t feel sick, but not too great either. It may just be out of the lack of sleep in combination with new food and living conditions. This trip is definitely going to be trying. Although I’d like to think of myself as somewhat of a traveler, this is a place unlike any I’ve experienced before and it is certainly going to take a lot of patience to do it for three months. I haven’t even experienced real India yet- only a tourist hotel in Sri Lanka! I can’t believe that I already have a desire for American food- I thought that I liked curry.
View of the sea

Today was so bizarre with the whole not sleeping thing. We arrived at our hotel around 6 this morning, and we spent the day there. Some people went to visit the city of Colombo, other people took a boat ride on the Indian Ocean, which I wasn’t really feeling at the time. Tad and I spent the day sketching, walking on the beach, and socializing with everyone else. Some time in the afternoon we consumed a decent amount of beer on the patio next to the beach, which may or may not have been a good thing. I then proceeded to take a nap, which I overslept, but still woke up in time for dinner and the trip to the airport. 



No comments:

Post a Comment