Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Small living spaces getting smaller



A most delicious lunch (probably the best I've had here)
CEPT studio
Tensions are high in the Heritage House. The lack of personal space is beginning to drive some people up the wall. With two rooms (and one bathroom) for seven girls and two rooms (and one bathroom) for eight boys, small spaces begin to seem even smaller as the days pass by. While I would like more space, I’m not overly uncomfortable; my main complaint though is that we have nowhere to work. No desks, few outlets, no comfortable seats, no quiet areas to actually get some reading done. I’m pretty flexible with things like that most of the time, but I haven’t even been able to start on my independent study, and I’m starting to get a bit anxious about it.
a GOOD version of what we normally eat

Since I have no place to work at the house, I found an alternative. Last night I stayed late to work in the CEPT studio, during which I was pretty productive. Even though I stayed to work, it was still refreshing to have somewhat of a familiar atmosphere to spend some time in.

Today we ate lunch at the most fantastic place; it was quite possibly the best food that I’ve had since I’ve been in India (which really isn’t hard because the food here is a bit of a struggle). It was a salad place, but didn’t have what most think of as a traditional salad. There were things like pineapple salad, falafel salad, broccoli soup, and cheese fondue with vegetables. It was sooo good…definitely beats the usual rice and curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment