Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Goodbye India


The Mapping Team! Akee, Janek, Me, Tad, Joy, Tushar, and Patrick
Has it really been two weeks since my last update? And how is it March already? And how is this my last day in Ahmedabad? We leave for the airport in thirty minutes and it is probably one of the strangest feelings leaving a place that I’ve spent so much time in, knowing that I may never be back. Part of me is ready to leave India and never look back, but this place has been home for the past month and a half, things happen much easier here than they did a month ago, and now we have friends here that we have to let go. I suppose I’ve got a few more days in India, in Delhi, which is where we’re headed to now. And then I think it’s Friday that we leave for Kathmandu…and I have no idea what it’s going to be like. There was so much hype about India before we left that Nepal was kind of a side note. So I really have no idea what to expect, other than the colorful mountain town of Kathmandu that my imagination has whimsically constructed. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

It was hard to leave the Chharas. We had spent so much time there with them that our schoolwork had turned into friendships. They had a bit of a farewell party for us two days ago, Tad and I took over the final maps and document yesterday, and I believe a few of them are meeting us at the airport for a final goodbye today.

No comments:

Post a Comment