Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A day of Corb & Kahn


Mill Association building grounds
On Tad's birthday, last Thursday, we went to go see Le Corbusier's Mill Association building. I'm not a huge Corbusier fan, but I really did enjoy the building. We also found out at the end that we weren't supposed to be taking pictures...whoops. 

Louis Kahn's IIM
After that, we went to the IIM campus, part of which was designed by Louis Kahn. Getting through the gate was more or less equivalent to airport security and took about five times as long, but it's India...so I'm not surprised...and we got in eventually. From the beginning on this one we knew that we weren't allowed to take photos, but the campus was so spectacular I had to sneak a few, which was pretty difficult given the security guards posted around every corner. The new part of the campus was designed by a different architect, although I don't remember who. I definitely liked the Kahn portion better though. 

"Portobello Fajitas"
After the day of architecture, we ate at a restaurant where I ordered "portobello fajitas." As you can see...the dish I received wasn't quite what I was expecting. In fact, there were no mushrooms involved with the whole deal period. It was actually pretty good though!

No comments:

Post a Comment